The Department of Music at The College of New Jersey is seeking applications for a part-time, adjunct lecturer of Music Theory.
Starting date: August 25, 2020
● Teach in our musicianship studies curriculum, a four-semester sequence combining music theory and aural skills for undergraduate music majors, as well as select music minors.
● Collaborate with keyboard skills and music history faculty as regards overlapping and supporting content.
● Possibility of mentoring Independent Study experiences in orchestration, advanced counterpoint, and/or composition.
● Terminal degree in music theory, composition, or in another field of music with appropriate specialization and experience; ABD with appropriate specialization and experience strongly considered.
● Minimum of two years undergraduate teaching experience in music theory, including as a T.A.
● Evidence of creative and innovative approaches to undergraduate musicianship pedagogy.
● Evidence of collegial collaboration.
● Developing record of research and/or creative work that engages with music theory pedagogy.
● Experience in the use of digital and online tools.
● Ability to engage students with various levels of pre-college theory experience.
Please submit a letter of application that discusses qualifications for this position and a concise statement of teaching philosophy; a curriculum vitae; and contact information for three professional references. Only complete, electronic submissions will be considered. Please do not send further materials (recordings, teaching evaluations, publications) unless requested.
Applications will be considered until a viable candidate has been identified.
Final offer of employment is contingent upon the successful completion of background and reference checks.
See original posting and apply online at: https://tcnj.taleo.net/careersection/00_ex_faculty/jobdetail.ftl?job=20000446
Please direct inquiries to: Dr. Tomoko Kanamaru, Chair, Search Committee, Department of Music, The College of New Jersey, P.O. Box 7718, Ewing, NJ 08628-0718, email@example.com