The University of Louisville School of Music seeks a candidate with expertise in music theory for a part-time faculty position in Music Theory beginning August 2022. The successful candidate will teach assigned courses in the School of Music's Music Theory program.
Teach Theory I-IV, covering aural skills and written topics; graduate theory review; and other courses as needed. Courses may be at the undergraduate or graduate level and may include both music majors and non-majors.
(1) Master's degree in Music is required; Ph.D. or ABD in music theory is preferred
(2) ability to demonstrate knowledge and skill in content area
(3) experience as an instructor in the college classroom is required; experience teaching music theory and aural skills at the college level is preferred
See original job posting and apply online at: https://hrprpt.louisville.edu/psp/ps/EMPLOYEE/HRMS/c/HRS_HRAM.HRS_CE.GBL?Page=HRS_CE_JOB_DTL&Action=A&SiteId=200&JobOpeningId=43504&PostingSeq=1
The UofL Human Resources website only permits a single uploaded file per application. To receive full consideration, applicants should create a single document that combines
(1) a letter of application,
(2) a curriculum vitae,
(3) demonstration of teaching effectiveness (which could include such items as a teaching statement, student statements or course evaluations, teaching videos (include a link to an online location), and teaching materials), and
(4) contact information for three references who can speak to the candidate's professionalism, teaching abilities, and subject knowledge.
Applications may be submitted until Monday, 13 June; review begins immediately after that and will continue until the position is filled.
Questions about this position may be addressed to Rebecca Jemian: email@example.com