Nova Southeastern University (NSU) was founded in 1964, and is a not-for-profit, independent university with a reputation for academic excellence and innovation. Nova Southeastern University offers competitive salaries, a comprehensive benefits package including tuition waiver, retirement plan, excellent medical and dental plans and much more. NSU cares about the health, welfare and its students, faculty, staff, and campus visitors and is a tobacco-free university.
We appreciate your support in making NSU the preeminent place to live, work, study and grow. Thank you for your interest in a career with Nova Southeastern University.
NSU considers applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, marital or veteran status or any other legally protected status.
1. Teach eight undergraduate music course sections per year in various formats as necessary (on-campus days, on-campus evenings, off-campus, online, etc.).
2. Participate in curriculum and program development as assigned and work closely with other programs in the department.
3. Be accessible to students according to college guidelines, mentor undergraduate students as appropriate, and maintain regular office hours for student advising and consultation.
4. Serve and contribute to appropriate college and university committees.
5. Participate in department, college, and university functions that contribute to campus life. Participation at commencement, department, and college faculty meetings is mandatory.
6. Maintain a notable, visible professional career as an artist/composer that indicates continuing growth and visibility.
7. Promote the BA in Music program.
8. Collaborate on performances and other projects within the University and South Florida community.
9. Manage student musicians with varied levels of preparedness and ability.
10. Other duties as assigned.
DMA, PhD or Master's Degree and professional experience
Dr. Bill J. Adams, Music Program Director