The Library of the University of California, Santa Barbara, seeks an innovative, forward-looking, service-oriented, and collaborative professional for an exciting opportunity to serve as Collection Strategist Librarian and Liaison to the Music department.
Reporting to the Director of Collection Strategies, the position will be one of a team of seven librarians and collection strategists and an analytics coordinator.
The Collection Strategist contributes to the strategic allocation of Library resources for the acquisition and management of diverse general research collections, including Music and Performing Arts collections, selected western languages collections, and other collections in the Humanities and Social Science as assigned. The incumbent provides research and teaching support to UCSB faculty and students in Music. The Collection Strategist works collaboratively and closely with other Library departments and with campus faculty and students in a highly interdisciplinary research community renowned for its academic excellence and global impact.
Basic qualifications (required at time of application)
● At the time of application, an advanced academic degree: ALA-accredited Master’s degree in Library or Information Science OR an advanced degree in
Additional qualifications (required at time of start)
● Excellent written communication skills as evidenced by submitted materials, including the CV, Cover Letter, and an optional statement of diversity.
● Knowledge of or demonstrated interest in current, evolving, and innovative models of collection development and scholarly communication as evidenced in
the cover letter and interview.
● Music-related professional experience in a research or academic library.
● Reading knowledge of western languages, preferably German and Italian.
● Experience in collection development and management in an academic library.
● Experience with creating collection development and management policies and strategies.
● Proven skills in assessing and interpreting quantitative and qualitative collection data as demonstrated by work experience.
● Demonstrated experience in reference and library instruction.
● Experience with libraries or work in an academic setting.
● Demonstrated organizational skills sufficient to balance multiple priorities, deadlines, and changing project parameters.
● Evidence of flexibility and initiative when working within a fast-paced, changing environment;
● Demonstrated commitment to professional development.
Curriculum Vitae - Your most recently updated C.V.
Statement of Contributions to Diversity - Statement addressing past and/or potential contributions to diversity through research, teaching, and/or service. (Optional)
2-3 required (contact information only)
References will only be contacted for the finalist.
Apply link: https://recruit.ap.ucsb.edu/JPF02506
Help contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
Next review date: Friday, Jul 14, 2023 at 11:59pm (Pacific Time)
Apply by this date to ensure full consideration by the committee.