The Music Informatics Group (MIG) is intended for music theorists involved in a wide range of research involving music information technologies, including the following:
- computer modeling (symbolic, distributed, etc.)
- software tools for theory and analysis
- music representations
- new visualization techniques
- optical music recognition
- music databases and digital libraries
- search and retrieval techniques
- electronic publishing
Online presence and discussion
The MIG also has an email list.
- Join the smtmig-l email list by sending an empty email (nothing in the subject or body)
- Post a message to smtmig-l (messages will be accepted only from members of the list)
- Review the list archive, change your subscription settings, or get help using Listserv
How to join
There are no requirements for membership; simply attend our meetings at annual SMT meetings to participate.