The Music Informatics Group (MIG) is intended for music theorists involved in a wide range of research involving music information technologies, including the following:
- computer modeling (symbolic, distributed, etc.)
- software tools for theory and analysis
- music representations
- new visualization techniques
- optical music recognition
- music databases and digital libraries
- search and retrieval techniques
- electronic publishing
Online presence and discussion
The SMT MIG maintains its own website at https://sites.google.com/site/smtmig/. There is also an email list:
- To join the smtmig-l email list, send an empty email (nothing in the subject or body) to email@example.com.
- To post a message to smtmig-l, address your note to firstname.lastname@example.org. Messages will be accepted only from members of the list.
- To review the list archive, change your subscription settings, or to get help using Listserv, see https://iulist.indiana.edu/sympa/info/smtmig-l
How to join
There are no requirements for membership; simply attend our meetings at annual SMT meetings to participate.