With membership in The Society for Music Theory, you become part of an organization of music theorists recognized world-wide.
The benefits of membership include:
- Subscription to SMT's semiannual print journal, Music Theory Spectrum
- Access to the semiannual Newsletter
- Participation in SMT annual meetings
- Opportunities to serve the Society through committee participation
- Voting privileges in election of officers
- Nominating privileges for various awards and for elections
- Discounts from a variety of journal and book publishers
Your membership dues help support the numerous services offered by SMT, including our online presence, services such as SMT-announce, Music Theory Online (MTO), and SMT-V. Please take a few moments to join SMT.
|Member status / income level ($ USD)||Membership Cost ($ USD)|
|$100,000 and above||$175|
- If you don't have an online SMT account, create an account and follow the process to become a member.
- If you do have anonline SMT account (all recent SMT members should have an account), sign in and renew your membership.
- If you prefer to mail in a membership form with a check, print the membership form and mail it to the address indicated. You will be notified when your membership is active.
If you experience any issues in trying to join, or for questions or financial assistance, please contact the Executive Director.