Call for candidates: 12-month post-doctoral contract (full time) at IReMus (France) starting in the first quarter of 2021.
The French Centre National de la Recherche Scientifique (IReMus) announces a one-year postdoctoral full-time position starting from the first quarter of 2021 for the project Polifonia: a digital harmoniser for musical heritage knowledge.
The project focuses on the development, application and release of digital tools for: 1. encoding music from oral traditions, 2. studying large collections of notated music, 3. producing and sharing knowledge about musical objects and their links with their socio-cultural environment.
Our research institute is particularly involved in the case study Tonalities which focuses on the identification, analysis and modal-tonal classification of monodic and polyphonic music from the late Middle Ages to the 20th century.
IReMus is also in charge of the roadmap of WP 1, a project management program that facilitates development and registers resources and materials recovered, used and produced within the project, in the form of a web portal
• Enhance the dialogue between the different teams involved.
• Survey and collect the needs of internal and external users.
• Identify the objectives and challenges of the case studies planned in Polifonia and translate them into technical/scientific specifications.
• Analyse different collections related to the Tonalities case study led by IReMus.
Desired level of education : PhD
• Excellent communication and organisational skills.
• Good knowledge of music analysis.
• Sensitivity to historical musicology and awareness of the challenges relating to cultural heritage preservation and dissemination.
• Sound knowledge in the field of digital humanities.
• Interest in epistemological issues, particularly those relating to the benefits of computer science and digital technologies on musical analysis.
• Excellent mastery of English and French
See original job posting and apply online at: https://emploi.cnrs.fr/Offres/CDD/UMR8223-MARCOU-009/Default.aspx?lang=EN
Chargé de Recherche CNRS
IReMus UMR 8223 (CNRS, Sorbonne Université, BnF, Culture)
2 rue de Louvois 75002, Paris
Secrétariat : +33 1 49 26 09 97