The Aaron Copland School of Music at Queens College–CUNY, serving a vibrant and diverse student body of over 350 students, invites applications for a full-time position as Administrative Manager of the School of Music. The appointment is expected to begin around August 15, 2022. The successful candidate will provide comprehensive leadership in administration and operations, focused on financial planning, concert operations, marketing and communications, recruitment and retention, and facility and building management.
The duties of the Administrative Manager include supervision of all full- and part-time administrative and technical staff; maintenance of the School of Music website and recruitment brochures; management of facilities rentals, contracts, and summer workshops; coordination of new-student orientation, town halls, Commencement, off-campus performance opportunities, and professional development for students; and leading initiatives in diversity, equity, and inclusion.
Minimum qualifications: Bachelor’s degree and six years’ related experience required.
• Experience in an academic, performing arts, or other arts-related institution strongly preferred.
• Master’s degree preferred
• Excellent interpersonal skills; supervisory experience preferred
• Working knowledge of Microsoft Office, financial and website software applications
• Educational or professional background in classical music and/or jazz
• Experience creating and managing budgets
Candidates must upload a CV, name and contact information of three professional references, and a cover letter (.doc, .docx, or .pdf) through the CUNYfirst system:
—Go to cuny.jobs
—In the box marked “Job Title / Keywords,” enter “24579”
—Click on “Administrative Manager—Aaron Copland School of Music”
—Click on the “Apply Now” button and follow the instructions.