This page is intended to provide a useful list of online resources related to Music Theory.
Publications, blogs, and email lists of the Society:
- Music Theory Spectrum
- Music Theory Online (MTO)
- SMT Newsletter
- smt-announce and e-lists
- SMT Facebook page
- MTO webinars
- SMT Demographic information
- Women in Music Theory (official blog of the SMT Committee on the Status of Women)
The following online resource lists are available on the SMT and the Music Theory Online web sites:
Other online resources:
- Many of the Society's Interest Groups maintain online discussion forums. A list of these online discussion forums can be found here.
- The society conducts annual elections online. Click here for more information.
- This website also maintains a comprehensive list of other meetings and events that might be of interest to SMT members, see the List of Upcoming Events.
- A report on the Society’s demographics, prepared by the Ad Hoc Committee on Demographics (Jennifer Bain, chair), is available here.
- To make a charitable contribution to SMT, go to the SMT Donations page.
- For problems with or to provide feedback regarding this website's accessibility, please contact the Chair of the Accessibility Committee (see this page).
- Early in 2012, an Ad Hoc Investment Committee was formed. In consultation with the Committee, the Executive Board drew up an Investment Policy document, and authorized the Committee to invest substantial amounts in accordance with the document, thereby establishing what is in effect an endowment. The following link provides two interactive reporting "Dashboards", created by Committee member Breighan Brown, that provide information about the Society's portfolio holdings: Investment Dashboards. (Member log-in required.)