Bar-Ilan University seeks to hire a full-time faculty member for a tenure-track research position in the Department of Music. Applications will be considered in all fields of musicology, music theory, popular music, jazz and ethnomusicology. A proven record of accomplishment in both research and teaching is required. The appointment commences October 2023.
The appointment is open to scholars at all stages of their career. Academic rank will be commensurate with experience and academic accomplishments of the successful candidate. Doctoral candidates in the final stages of their work (ABD) will be considered, provided their dissertation will be submitted by July 1st 2023. The department is not required to accept any application for this position.
Bar-Ilan University, Israel's second-largest academic institution, is a public research university in the city of Ramat Gan in the Tel Aviv District.
Duties include maintaining an active top-level research and publication agenda, teaching undergraduate and graduate courses and seminars (in Hebrew), including the undergraduate history and/or theory sequence, advising M.A and Ph.D. candidates, and serving on departmental committees.
Phd or ABD
Please send application materials to email@example.com including:
1. Cover letter
2. Detailed CV
3. List of publications
4. Research Statement (up to 1 page
5. Two course descriptions.
6. A list of three established scholars who may provide recommendations upon request. Please provide their name, affiliation, email address and phone number.
7. For ABD candidates: an up-to-date progress report letter and a signed assessment from your advisor as to the expected date of completion of you dissertation.
Deadline for submission of all materials: May 6th 2023 midnight (Israeli time).
• Please make sure you have received a message of confirmation from the office about the receipt of your application
• In the subject of your application email, write: “Musicology position”
• For questions, please write to firstname.lastname@example.org