- Log in
- About SMT
- Annual Meeting
- Boards and committees
- Bylaws, guidelines, and policies
- Call for Proposals
- Upcoming Events
- Grants and Awards
- Societies and Interest Groups
- Online Resources
- Special Offers
- MTS at Oxford Journals
Below is a list of Call for Papers (CFP) deadlines that have not yet expired for conferences that might be of interest to SMT members. These are listed in the order of the CFP deadline date (the dates given at the start of each line are the dates of the CFP deadline). Listings that have been added recently are highlighted with asterisks. For information about the CFP details or for contact information of the organization sponsoring a specific conference, please click on the link provided.
For items relating specifically to the SMT, please see the SMT events and deadlines page. For a list of all relevent upcoming conferences (including those whose CFP deadlines have already expired) listed in the order of the conference date, please see the Upcoming Events page.
Access all events and deadlines as a Google Calendar.
If you would like to add an event that isn't currently listed, please click here.
- March 31 Sounding Out the Space: An International Conference on the Spatiality of Sound Dublin, Ireland (soundingout2017.com November 2 - 4, 2017)
- April 1 “Mikrotöne: Small is beautiful” Symposium 2017 Salzburg, Austria (June 30 - July 2, 2017)
- April 1 American Women Composer-Pianists: A Celebration of Amy Beach and Teresa Carreño Durham, NH (September 15 - 16, 2017)
- April 1 Conference on Music & Eye-Tracking Frankfurt, Germany (August 17 - 18, 2017)
- April 1 EMS17 Electroacoustic Music Studies Conference Nagoya, Japan (September 4 - 8, 2017)
- April 1 Researching Performance, Performing Research Amsterdam, The Netherlands (October 27 - 29, 2017)
- April 1 Theater Spaces for Music in 18th-Century Europe Queluz, Portugal (June 30 - July 2, 2017)
- April 17 Professor Reicha: Practice and Legacy of a Composer-Teacher Lucca, Italy (November 10 - 12, 2017)
- April 23 Music Criticism 1950-2000 Barcelona, Spain (October 9 - 11, 2017)
- April 24 Mozart and Modernity London, ON (October 20 - 22, 2017)
- April 30 Music Publishing and Composers: 1750-1850 Lucca, Italy (November 24 - 26, 2017)
- April 30 Music and Dance in Visual Culture Athens, Greece (October 5 - 7, 2017)
- April 30 When the Music Takes Over. Musical Numbers in Film and Television Salzburg, Austria (March 8 - 10, 2018)
- May 15 Arvo Pärt: Icon of Modernity London, UK (September 11, 2017)
- June 1 20th and 21st-Century Song Cycles for Voice and Piano East Lansing, MI (April 20 - 22, 2018)
- June 1 Musicology in the Age of (Post)Globalization New York, NY (April 3 - 6, 2018)
- June 1 Representing Interiority in Eighteenth-Century Opera Oxford, UK (September 11 - 12, 2017)